How to access and use Google Classroom
Steps for first time access:
- Go to classroom.google.com
- Sign in with your child’s e-mail that was provided to you by the school. Ex: firstname.lastname
- Use the default password 12345678. (If you find that this password is invalid, that means that your child has tried to login before and changed the password.)
- Once the default password works, it will ask you to change the password, please change it into something simple that you and your child can remember.
- Choose the role from the drop-down menu to be Student.
- Once you save everything it will direct you to the classes page.
- If you have the code for the classroom, click on the + sign at the top right corner
- Click on join class.
- Enter the class code.
- You may find that you’re already invited to some classes and they’re just waiting for you to click the “join” button.
- Please login for the first time using a computer device to reset the password, after that you will be able to use the account on any device.